- The general sessions will begin at 8:00 pm, Thursday, March 7th.
- Attire for opening sessions is HOSA uniform or black or Navy suit with white shirt. Navy or black closed toe shoes. Please see the dress code for any questions.
- Students not dressed properly will be turned away and not allowed on stage for any awards they may receive. Advisors should dress professionally.
- Awards ceremony will be Friday, March 8th at 2:30 pm
- Invite family, friends, and other interested individuals to show support for your SC HOSA students.
- There is no charge to attend the awards ceremony.
- HOSA members are required to wear conference polo shirts and black, blue or khaki slacks (no jeans, no denim, no shorts & no capris), with comfortable closed toed shoes (no flip flops or sandals) to the awards ceremony.
- A complete dress code can be found here, 2019 State Conference dress code
SCHOLARSHIP Applications will be accepted, December 5, 2018 through February 10, 2019.
The Scholarship Application information/instructions can be found here SC HOSA Scholarship Application. The application should be completed and submitted digitally.
***NOTE: Your application must be completed in one sitting. You CANNOT save this application before submitting. Please REVIEW the application requirements carefully to ensure all qualifications are met before continuing. SC HOSA members need to make sure they have ALL required materials completed and available to complete the digital application before starting the process.***
If you have any questions, please contact Amanda Wilson, firstname.lastname@example.org
STATE OFFICER Applications will be accepted, December 5, 2018 through February 10, 2019.
- The Officer Application and instructions may be found here:
- Deadline for Officer application is, Friday, February 10th. After this date, applications will NOT be accepted.
- Faxed and mailed information will NOT be accepted.
- Officer candidate interviews will be held on Wednesday, February 21st, at the SC Department of Education in Columbia. Officer candidates and advisors will be contacted regarding interview time and room location.
- Read the requirements carefully and recommend only qualified students.
- Questions regarding the Officer Application should be directed to Angel Clark, SC HOSA State Advisor, email@example.com or Amanda Wilson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2019 Competitive Event Information and Guidelines
- For all written tests, competitors must bring a pencil.
- Competitors must bring all items noted with *** in the materials section of the guidelines for each event.
- Study materials are permitted in event holding rooms, on buses, and in similar locations, but are not to be used during competition
- There will be a 5 point penalty for failure to bring a copy of the event guidelines to the competitive event. These guidelines may be in electronic format.
- The HOSA Code of Conduct must be followed at all times by advisors and students
- All phones should be in the off position during competitions, general sessions and awards sessions.
- Only two teams per school may participate in Health Career Displays.
- Competitors for Job Seeking and Interviewing Skills will fill out an application Wednesday evening in room designated on final agenda (see the schosa.org website for the up to date copy). Competitor will submit cover letter and resume on STEM Premier.
- Deadline for Barbara James & National Service Project online verification for state conference recognition is February 10, 2019. No entries will be considered for recognition after this date. You may continue to log hours for national recognition. Late entries accepted until February 24th, but will not be listed in the conference program.
The Student Eligibility form for specified events: Life Support Skills, Personal Care, Speaking Skills and Interviewing Skills must be uploaded into STEM Premier BEFORE Monday, March 4th.