Introducing Sharon Clyburn, SC HOSA Honorary Life Member
Premier Leadership, Personal Growth, and Career Success
SC HOSA relies on exceptional advisors and teachers to provide life-changing experiences for its student members.
This year, we honor Sharon Clyburn with a SC HOSA Honorary Life Membership. This award is presented to individuals who have demonstrated extraordinary leadership. Over the past nine years, Ms. Clyburn has made significant contributions to the development of HOSA at the Applied Technology Education Campus (Camden) and in South Carolina. Ms. Clyburn has rendered excellent service as a local chapter advisor and the success of HOSA is due in large part to her efforts.
Distinguished Accomplishments and Service
• 35 years in education and 11 years as a nurse “before joining the two best careers a person could have– nursing and education.”
• Masters in Nursing Administration plus 30 hours
• National Board Certification
• Association for Career and Technical Education member (national, state, and health science educators division)
• Practical Nursing Program Coordinator
• 100% placement rate for graduates seeking employment
• Local chapter advisor (9 yrs)
• Competitive event manager
• Competitive event volunteer at national leadership conferences
• 2004 Outstanding SC HOSA Postsecondary Advisor
• Numerous state and national winners in the HOSA Competitive Events Program
• Kershaw County Honor Roll Teacher of the Year (1990-91)
• SC Federation of Licensed Practical Nursing Instructor of the Year Award (1992, 1997, 2001)
• ATEC Golden Apple Award
Ms. Clyburn’s vision for the practical nursing students she serves has impacted their lives beyond the classroom. Her support of the student organization has enhanced HOSA’s ability to promote career opportunities in healthcare, thereby helping HOSA members achieve their educational goals.