General Sessions & Banquet
- The banquet will begin at 6:30 pm, Thursday, March 8th.
- All banquet seating will be assigned seating.
- One banquet admission is included with each paid registration fee,
- Attire for the banquet is HOSA uniform or black or Navy suit with white shirt. Navy or black closed toe shoes.
- Students not dressed properly will be turned away and not allowed on stage for any awards they may receive. Advisors should dress professionally.
- Awards ceremony will be Friday, March 9th at 2:30 pm
- Invite family, friends, and other interested individuals to show support for your SC HOSA students.
- There is no charge to attend the awards ceremony.
- HOSA members are required to wear conference polo shirts and black, blue or khaki slacks (no jeans, no denim, no shorts & no capris), with comfortable closed toed shoes (no flip flops or sandals) to the awards ceremony.
- A complete dress code can be found here, 2018 State Conference dress code
Scholarship Applications will be accepted between December 5, 2017 through February 10, 2018.
The Scholarship Application Process has CHANGED. You no longer need to complete the application on STEM Premier, instead you will complete the application here. SC HOSA Scholarship Application.
***NOTE: Your application must be completed in one sitting. You CANNOT save this application before submitting. Please REVIEW the application requirements carefully to ensure all qualifications are met before continuing. SC HOSA members need to make sure they have ALL required materials completed and available to complete the digital application before starting the process.***
IF YOU HAVE STARTED YOUR SCHOLARHIP APPLICATION IN STEM PREMIER, PLEASE CONTACT: Amanda Wilson, email@example.com. If you have COMPLETED your application, it will be accepted through the STEM Premier process. If you are unsure, please contact Amanda Wilson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
State Officer Applications will be accepted between December 5, 2017 through February 10, 2018
- The Officer Application Process has CHANGED. You no longer need to complete the application on STEM Premier, instead you will complete the application here. STATE OFFICER APPLICATION OFFICER APPLICATION GUIDE/DIRECTIONS
- Deadline for Officer application is, Friday, February 10th. After this date, applications will NOT be accepted.
- Faxed and mailed information will NOT be accepted.
- Officer candidate interviews will be held on Wednesday, February 22nd, at the SC Department of Education in Columbia. Officer candidates and advisors will be contacted regarding interview time and room location.
- Read the requirements carefully and recommend only qualified students.
- IF YOU HAVE STARTED YOUR OFFICER APPLICATION IN STEM PREMIER, PLEASE CONTACT: Amanda Wilson, email@example.com. If you have COMPLETED your application, it will be accepted through the STEM Premier process. If you are unsure, please contact Amanda Wilson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All other questions regarding the Officer Application should be directed to Angel Clark, SC HOSA State Advisor, email@example.com
- 2018 Competitive Event Information and Guidelines
- For all written tests, competitors must bring a pencil.
- Competitors must bring all items noted with *** in the materials section of the guidelines for each event.
- Study materials are permitted in event holding rooms, on buses, and in similar locations, but are not to be used during competition
- There will be a 5 point penalty for failure to bring a copy of the event guidelines to the competitive event. These guidelines may be in electronic format.
- The HOSA Code of Conduct must be followed at all times by advisors and students
- All phones should be in the off position during competitions, general sessions and awards sessions.
- Only two teams per school may participate in Health Career Displays.
- Competitors for Job Seeking and Interviewing Skills will fill out an application Wednesday evening in room designated on final agenda (see the schosa.org website for the up to date copy). Competitor will submit cover letter and resume on STEM Premier.
- Deadline for Barbara James & National Service Project online verification for state conference recognition is February 10, 2018. No entries will be considered for recognition after this date. You may continue to log hours for national recognition. Late entries accepted until February 24th, but will not be listed in the conference program.
The Student Eligibility form for specified events: Life Support Skills, Personal Care, Speaking Skills and Interviewing Skills must be uploaded into STEM Premier BEFORE Monday, March 5th.