Professionalism – Kelly currently teaches at Swansea High School.
• She has been teaching Health Science and involved with HOSA for 13 years.
• Prior to teaching at Swansea High School, she taught at Calhoun County High School.
• In her prior life, she was a Senior Public Health Nurse and School Nurse Coordinator.
Experience – Kelly has been involved with HOSA since her first day on the job.
• She has been a local chapter advisor since day one.
• She has served on the SC HOSA Inc. Board of Directors.
• She has been an event manager at the state and national conferences.
• She was nominated to serve on the National Competitive Events Committee.
• She currently serves as Category Chair for SC HOSA.
Leadership – Kelly is a leader for her students and for her peers.
• She served as a DIRECT (new teacher) mentor for the last 8 years.
• She led her students to success at state and national competitions.
• She mentored students through the process of scholarship applications.
What it means to Kelly to be a HOSA Advisor –
“Being a HOSA advisor is the best part of my job! I love helping students practice for their events and feeling the sense of satisfaction and recognition when a student is recognized and places in their respective competitive event.”
Teachers like Kelly, who bring their knowledge, experience, and dedication to the classroom, continue to be inspirations to our future health professionals.
From nurse to classroom educator to SC HOSA State advisor and now to National HOSA, Nancy has served as mentor and guide to many involved in Health Science Education. Her vision for HOSA has molded our South Carolina organization into what it is now.
Although we miss Nancy very much in SC HOSA, we are proud of her for her past and continued dedication.
With more than 28 years of productive and successful experience in secondary health science education, Nancy has proven competence in all phases of program management, curriculum development and health science career cluster implementation.
Nancy served as a registered nurse in various clinical settings for 21 years. She has served HOSA in various capacities as a chapter advisor, state advisor, HOSA, Inc. board member, and chair of the HOSA, Inc. board of directors.
• successfully integrated HOSA into health science at local, state and national levels
• coordinated regional, state and national events
• is skilled in conference planning, organization and communication
• is an accomplished member of curriculum and assessment writing teams
In her new capacity, Nancy serves as associate director of HOSA, Inc., focusing on state associations and partnership development.
It is with great honor that we extend the SC HOSA Honorary Life Membership to Mrs. Nancy Allen.